6 day spas to pamper your soul
The Northern Rivers Tweed region is blessed with some of the most heavenly day spas and retreats. Escape the everyday and spend a few hours in bliss. You deserve it.
Here are six unforgettable day spa experiences.
1. The Banya Bathhouse & Dining in Mullumbimby combines stylish old-world charm with a captivating bathhouse experience. Choose between the lap pool, two hot mineral pools, a wood-fire sauna, steam room and cool plunge. Then follow it up with a massage. There’s no rush, stay and enjoy a delicious meal of share plates and a cocktail from the on-site bar.
Combine a relaxing soak with nutritious food at The Banya
2. To experience true bliss, check out internationally acclaimed Gaia Retreat & Spa, founded by Olivia Newton-John. This piece of paradise is nestled amongst 20 acres high in the Byron hinterland. Be lulled into a state of deep relaxation with an indulgent spa package, a steam room or a luxurious macadamia oil scalp massage. There are also lifestyle wellness retreats that can be tailored into a bespoke experience.
Let your cares drift away with healing hands
3. Nourish the mind, body and soul at The Spa at Salt Village in Kingscliff. Cleanse and improve skin health in the Salt Meditation Room and warm the core in the Infrared sauna before plunging into the Mineral Hydrotherapy Spa – the Elements Lounge is based on the key elements – Air, Water, Fire, Earth and Light. Complete the experience with a relaxing massage or facial.
Experience the elements at The Spa at Salt Village
4. Escape into the lush tropical setting of Buddha Gardens Day Spa in Byron Bay. Treat your partner and opt for the Couple Spa Treatment. Be whisked away into a private space with a bath set in natural rock and an open-air shower to enjoy your treatments. There’s a range of luxurious facials, body scrubs, body wraps and massages to choose from.
Choose your treatment – body scrub, wrap or facial? Have all three
5. Calm the mind with a float therapy session with your partner at Kalm Springs in Casuarina. The magnesium sensory deprivation pod is the perfect place to let your mind drift between a half awake and half dreaming state. Why not combine the treatment with an Infrared session for some deep cleansing and rejuvenation. You’ll leave feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Find tranquillity with a healing hot stone massage
6. Indulge in a holistic approach to relaxation with a pamper package at Lavender Blue Day Spa in Murwillumbah. You and your partner can enjoy the ideal blend of skin and massage treatments, such as a hot stone back massage, salt rub, skin, hand and foot treatments, and/or a heavenly facial. There’s even a package designed specifically for men.